Resistance tubing is widely used in baseball for strength, conditioning, injury prevention, and rehabilitation. Smaller muscle groups that are hard to target with traditional free weight exercises can be addressed with resistance tubing. The versatility of resistance tubing allow the pitcher to replicate movements with resistance. Exercise programs utilizing resistance tubing can simulate the pitching motion and reinforce proper pitching efficiencies.
The capability to focus on movements rather than individual muscle groups make resistance tubing a superior sport specific training tool. The appropriate use of resistance tubing promotes a full range of motion, improves functional strength and builds endurance for improved pitching performance.
Oates Specialties Resistance Tubing is made with tubing from the Hygenic Corporation, makers of Thera-Band TM brand tubing. Their trademarked resistance color system assures consistent resistance and their product quality is recognized throughout the athletic and medical communities.
While only the best tubing is used, the real secret of Oates Specialties Resistance Tubing is in its construction. Fabricated in the USA, these accessories are designed and manufactured with the throwing athlete in mind. With product advice from Ron Wolforth, one of the countries premier pitching coaches and product testing conducted at his academy, the utility and durability of these accessories were thoroughly tested without losing focus on comfort of the athlete. Firm cushioned handles and secure comfortable straps accommodate aggressive athletic movements. The design used to attach the handles and/or grips to the resistance tubing and the resistance tubing to an anchor are the key to the durability of Oates Specialties Resistance Tubing.
Oates Tubing is often referred to as "Simply the best Tubing Available"
THE CORRECT USE OF RESISTANCE EXERCISE TUBING WILL INCREASE PITCHING PERFORMANCE WHILE REDUCING THE RISK OF INJURIES.
Each of the Select Conditioning Accessories is available in the following levels of resistance:
- Heavy Tubing (Green): typically used by the young athlete
- Extra Heavy Tubing (Blue): typically used by the junior high athlete
- Special Heavy Tubing (Black): typically used by the high school athlete
- Super Heavy Tubing (Silver): typically used by the well-developed high school and college athlete
- Ultra Heavy Tubing (Black): typically used by mature college and professional athletes
Buyer should select tubing based on athlete's size, age, physical capabilities, and training intent. Questions about appropriate resistance level should be directed to your trainer, coach or physician. Resistance tubing should never be extended (stretched) beyond the manufacturer recommendation in an effort to achieve desired resistance. Detailed resistance tubing information is available upon request. Follow all safety precautions when using resistance tubing.
Thera-Band® Exercise Tubing contains natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reaction.
Thera-Band® Exercise Tubing can cause serious injury when not used properly. Use Thera-Band Exercise Tubing only upon the recommendation and under the direction of a trained professional. Do not use the exercise tubing in any manner that may cause it to snap towards the head and cause injury to the eyes. Thera-Band® Exercise Tubing is not a toy. Adult supervision is required at all times when children are exercising with Thera-Band® Exercise Tubing.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AND MAINTENANCE:
Oates Specialties’ Resistance Tubing is made with tubing from the Hygenic Corporation, makers of Thera-Band brand tubing, a widely used and respected name in the medical rehabilitation community. With our high standards of craftsmanship and quality components you can be sure of the quality and durability of this product.
As with all natural rubber products, proper care should be given to assure the longevity and safety of your purchase.
- Prevent exposure to sharp points or edges. Nicks, cuts, and abrasions, which are exacerbated as the tubing is stretched, is the primary cause of tubing failure. These events occur most often from athletes stepping on the tubing, exposure to sharp points or being pinched in equipment bags, or from the tubing rubbing against chain link fences. As a safeguard, users should routinely inspect the tubing for nicks, cuts, and abrasions before every use. If any such issues are found, use of the tubing should be discontinued immediately.
- Do not allow the resistance tubing to be over extended; stretching resistance tubing too far can lead to early fatigue and product failure. The ideal distance for Oates Specialties’ tubing to be used is with exercises that terminate no more than 12 feet from the tubing anchor. This resistance tubing should never be stretched more than 12 feet from its anchor.
- Avoid extended exposure to weather extremes. Both sun and temperature will shorten the lifespan of tubing. It is best to store the tubing indoors out of the sunlight when it is not being used.
- If your Oates Specialties product is exposed to chlorine, such as swimming pool water, insure the entire product is thoroughly cleaned prior to storage. This product may be cleaned using mild detergent and warm water.
As with all workout products, resistance tubing is not a toy and should be used with caution, as serious injury can occur when not used properly. This product should only be used with instruction from a qualified coach, trainer, or medical specialist. Most notably, resistance tubing should not be used in any manner that may cause it to snap toward the head and cause injury to the eyes or face.
Oates Specialties’ Resistance Tubing products contains natural rubber latex which may cause an allergic reaction. If you have a rubber latex allergy you should use appropriate precautions.
We hope you enjoy this product and the many benefits it will provide in the areas of strength, conditioning, injury prevention, and rehabilitation. Please don’t hesitate to contact Oates Specialties LLC with any questions you may have.
CAUTION: Assure all Select Conditioning Tubing Accessories Manufactured by Oates Specialties LLC are attached properly to an appropriate anchor before use.
Resistance Tubing Accessory straps and handles are made of man made materials: hand wash; drip dry; do not bleach.
Made in the USA.