Hand Speed Trainer™
The Hand Speed Trainer™ (HST™) weighted arm sleeve improves speed and power through functional strength training using resistance weights that are evenly distributed across the forearm. Unlike other weighted training aids, the HST™ permits varying size weights to be placed evenly on the forearm, allowing the hands to be free to grip a ball (or a bat). In addition to fundamental drill work, the HST™ provides an athlete the opportunity to work against functional resistance at full speed in a simulated game situation.
- Places resistance on the body, not the hand or equipment
- Increases strength and speed
- Excellent functional training method
- Sleeves can be purchased individually or in pairs
- To aid in sizing, measure the circumference of the upper forearm just below the elbow and cross-reference with the following size chart:
- X-Small/Small: 9.5" - 10.5" circumference of the upper forearm
- Medium/Large: 10.5" - 11.5" circumference of the upper forearm
- X-Large/XX-Large: 11.5"-12.5" circumference of the upper forearm
- Neoprene sleeves have two built-in slots for 4oz and 8oz speed weights, and can accommodate up to a maximum of 24oz in each sleeve
- Item is shipped via USPS
The Hand Speed Trainer™ (HST™) is a patented weight device designed to be worn on the forearms without covering the hands and wrists. The location of the HST™ leaves the user free to use hands and wrists normally during drills and activities.
The HST™ is a tight-fitting sleeve made of top quality, high-density neoprene that stretches to form a snug fit around the forearm above the wrist and below the elbow; and is secured into place with two elastic straps. The snug fit of the HST™ provides an even distribution of pressure across the entire forearm and provides a natural feel that does not interfere with wrist and elbow movement. The device can be worn during exercises and is particularly helpful in developing strength and coordination.
The HST™ has two elongated pockets, located on the outside of the sleeve. Each pocket is designed to hold a maximum of one 4oz and one 8oz weight each. These pockets provide a unique weight system that allows the user to change the weight of the sleeve by adding or removing weights. Weight can be adjusted to as light as 4oz, or as heavy as 24oz. All necessary weights come with the HST™. Each sleeve is shipped with two 4oz and two 8oz weights for a maximum weight of 24oz per sleeve. The Hand Speed Trainer™ can be purchased as a single unit (for pitchers) or in pairs (for hitters).
The HST™ overall length is 7.5" and designed for a wrist to elbow length (measured from the crease of the elbow to the crease of the wrist) of 8.5" or greater.
The Hand Speed Trainer™ can be machine-washed on a delicate setting using mild detergent and air-dried. The HST™ is backed by a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee from the manufacturer. Instructions for use are not included.