Based upon the works of Dr. Frans Bosch and Dr. K. Anders Ericsson, the Ranch training systems have signiﬁcantly shifted toward the awareness of how the brain is being inﬂuenced and shaped during each training session and how our practice sessions are either developing/ optimizing or inhibiting with/ interfering with our athlete’s ability to adjust and adapt during competition. It has become painfully obvious to us that the traditional standard practice fare almost always represents a real limitation to an athlete’s ability to adjust.
Therefore we utilize the concept of Differential Learning and Deliberate Practice in almost every single facet of our training. Our clients systematically enhance their ability to adjust, adapt and overcome…it’s baked into the training cake. It’s part of what they do every day…Practicing Adjustment.
1). The Multi-colored Pad and Khaos balls are our newest training tools for a process we refer to as Khaos Training. By constantly changing the target and the size, weight and texture of EVERY Ball on EVERY Throw, 1) the brain is actively engaged and 2) The body learns to organize itself quickly and effectively over time.
2). By staggering the distances of our Advanced Command Trainers and utilizing V Flex in our command series and charting our sessions, we have seen dramatic improvements in our athlete’s ability to adjust and engage the brain during otherwise mundane training sessions.
3). We utilize many of the concepts of Jozef Frucek, Martin Bosy and Fighting Monkey™ and their paradigm of Earthquake Architecture.
4) We have expanded and improved our utilization of such tools as the Bell Club, Wrist Weights, Shoulder Tube™, Mini Bands and the Durathro™ Baseball Training Sock, *Take special notice the video screen in front of the athletes (red circle) playing slow motion and regular speed segments of elite, world class throwing athletes, focusing in on the speciﬁc movement segment the athletes are trying to reproduce*.
5) We have modiﬁed our strength development and corrective exercises to focus on coordination, synergy, variability, malleability and strength speciﬁcally at end ranges of motion. Literally everything has at least a component of adaptability and adjustability to it.
Note from Robert Oates:
Would you like to learn more about how elite pitchers are developed and how Oates Specialties equipment is used to improve elite athletes? If yes, then I encourage you to attend the Texas Baseball Ranch Ultimate Pitching Coaches Boot Camp. For the past 13 years, this experience has been the annual highlight of my year.
The always remarkable content offered at the event is from world class presenters, and the networking opportunity with people who live and breathe pitching always proves to be invaluable. From the program shown below, it is evident this year’s event will also be extraordinary.
Coach Wolforth has given us the opportunity to offer you a $50.00 registration discount. Just enter the code OATES (be sure to use all capital letters) in the registration form found at www.CoachesBootCamp.com.
This year’s Ultimate Pitching Coaches Boot Camp is slated for December 7 -10 (Friday through Sunday, with a bonus day on Thursday). Gunnar, Drayton and I will be there and hope to see you there as well!
The 2017 Ultimate Pitching Coaches Boot Camp
For the first time ever the UPCBC will be held in the brand new 4700 square feet theatre and assessment center. (At the Ranch we refer to it as the BIG RED BARN). This allows us a temperature controlled theatre in an awesome facility for the lecture presentations AND immediate access to our two 3600 sq ft training barns for any break out and hands on sessions. In our opinion this property is the ultimate venue for an event of this nature.
The Ultimate Pitching Coaches Boot Camp Agenda:
Bonus Day: Thursday, December 7: You get insider access to all the latest methods we use with our MLB, college, and younger athletes at The Ranch.
Boot Camp: Friday - Sunday, December 8-10: Three full days of expert sessions, Q&A, and camaraderie. Learn from your peers, make new friends, and form valuable new connections to further your career as a coach.
• Coach Wallace will talk about the efﬁcient utilization of the Lower Half- both the back hip and glute as well as lead leg disconnections…and The Ranch process of Deliberate Practice in creating systematic gains in Command.
• Coach Kaday will discuss the Power Core 360 and how we enhance torque as well as increasing an athlete’s awareness of synergy, coordination and the summation of force.
• Coach Massey will talk about Recovery and how to dramatically improve it in your pitching athletes with some very simple steps.
• Coach Wolforth will discuss a myriad of topics- from simple ways to better engage the brain at practice for almost immediately higher levels of performance at game time; to the developing real leaders that actually make a difference inside your ball club and organization.
And Our Guest Lecturers include:
• Jonathan Armold: Minor League Pitching Coach, Texas Rangers
• Brian Cain: World Renown Peak Performance Coach
• Jon Huizinga: Baseball Coach with a holistic training approach emphasizing fuel/nutrition.
• Jeff Krushell: Human Performance and Development Expert & Major League Baseball International Consultant
• Stephen Osterer: Doctor of Chiropractic at Totum Life Science
• Tim Nicely: President V-Flex Technology
• Martijn Nijhoff: Studied Under Frans Bosch; Talent Coach for Knbsb
• Gary Reinl: Author of "Iced - The Illusionary Treatment Option"
• Randy Sullivan: P.T and owner Florida Baseball Ranch®